Basic methods of teaching at homeFamily family of school curriculum and methods of school curricula and materials are very much, just as some researchers have pointed out, the teaching methods and practical home school family at home as much. However, there are some basic methods of teaching at home: units, specialized information, integrated curriculum.
(1) unit the research unit research in conjunction with the central theme of many disciplines. Researchers say unit studies through a combination of fields to a learning period can be a very good use of student time and this can motivate students, and they can remember more of the learning content. Research also allows the whole family to learn together. Units need an organized, motivation of students the teacher, of course, requires active student. It requires a lot of preparation, if not fully prepared so that essential skills training is not taken.
(2) special materials, special materials are often used to improve skills and relatively easy to prepare. They typically includes workbooks, textbooks and teacher's Guide, which is a special material often forms. Children often feel special materials are boring to read, thanks to the special material, some parents may be too attention skills and ignored the social studies, science, art, history, and other fields, often detrimental to the comprehensive development of the child.
(3) integration lesson integration courses typically encapsulated into a box, often prepared throughout the year learning content. They contain all needed books and materials, including pencils and writing paper. Their families in remote areas in many cases is developed, these families lack access to opportunities for public schools, libraries and bookstores. Integration courses are easy to buy and use, requires very little preparation. They are usually designed according to the standard school, aims to make home schooling students returned to the public schools do not have to face a lot of running. Because of the lack of the freedom of students to explore interests, integrated curriculum has also been criticized.
(4) free method of teaching these methods are not methods, it means the family can teach at home need to be free to choose a lot of interesting forms of teaching. Because of this characteristic, their courses are often on holiday, religious activities, reading, community organizations and other family activities together, according to the student's own pace throughout the whole education process to proceed without constant, thus very flexible, even during frequent travel. Free teaching, the teaching of religion, ethics and character are often subject.
(5) have already introduced this concept, its implementation is characterized by its children according to their own will and learn by doing, rather than learn by listening to the teacher. It into life learning activities, relying on children's natural curiosity to independent learning. It does not mean there is no parenting, or that you want to reject textbooks, implementation of such a family, sometimes the method of selection of textbooks. Current interdisciplinary teaching is losing support, because apparently it seems to be a lack of education means, so often referred to themselves as.
1. Growth in the late 1960 of the 20th century, the home school student only 10000 to 15000 people, but by 2001, this figure had more than 1 million 2% per cent of all school-age children population. United States conducted by the National Center for education statistics in the spring of 1999 on the basis of a household survey estimates that about 709000 to 12 students in home schools for learning. Therefore, you can say home schooling has experienced rapid development in the past more than 30 years. However, since entering the mid 90, the growth rate has slowed from 18 States, according to statistics reported by the study, from the fall of 1995 to the spring of 1998, home school student annual growth at a rate of 11%, relative 24% growth rates in those States between 1991 to 1994 decreased a lot.
2. Legal issues 1, before in the 1960 of the 20th century, many domestic situation of the school faces a fine or imprisonment, however, has gone through many years of court disputes, some enthusiastic supporters, driven home schools in each State to secure legal status. State laws generally require the implementation of home school parents to the State or local education authorities to submit basic information. More than half of all States required in accordance with the laws of the State of the list of home school form for evaluation. Individual States have education or testing requirements for parents, some States require parents to submit a lesson plan, most States do not require parents to have the professional qualifications of teachers. In recent times, legal disputes relating to home schooling came from public school curricula on the question of the participation and after-school programs. Many homeschooling parents want their children to attend public school curricula and after-school programs, but this depends on the State of the legal and policy environment. State law requires local school districts to give hope to participate in public school curricula and after-school programs provide opportunities for home school students. For example, this situation is common in Maine, while in Iowa eligible home school students can get special education programs.